Thursday, April 7, 2016

Miami to Stuart aboard Bateau Bleu

I began my next delivery with my good friend Brad Hanks.  We flew down to Miami on Wednesday and will be moving a 2011 Meridian 441 with Zeus pods from Miami, FL to Stamford, CT.  Today was a long slow ride up the ICW from Miami to Stuart. For anyone who has done this stretch before, you know what I mean. For those that have not done it, it is a whole lot of low bridges on restricted openings and "no wake zones". If is impossible to make any time or distance.

We left at 7:00am this morning from Miami and after 11 and a half hours we arrived in Stuart at 6:30pm and covered exactly 100 miles. We averaged 8.2 mph. It was a long day.

On the bright side, there were some amazing boats to look at and some unbelievable real estate too. Here are few pictures from today:




My first mate Brad driving early this morning.







No comments:

Post a Comment