Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Go, go, go...

A much more comfortable ride today.  I got off the dock at 6:45am and headed south on the ICW.  I certainly had my fill of "no wake" and "manatee zones" today.  The ICW had a good bit of boat traffic today as well, 99% of which were sail boats.  The boat really ran well today.  The owner removed all of his personal items last night which made the boat a good bit lighter.  As a result, the boat ran at 32mph today and was burning only 39 gallons per hour.  The day was full of bright sunshine with temps in the mid 60's.  A good day to be on a boat.

I pulled into the Ft Pierce City Marina tonight at 4:15pm.  Another 9 1/2 hour day and I covered 191 miles.  A long day on the ICW by yourself, but much easier than yesterday.  The ICW was smooth for the most part and it was an enjoyable ride.

Tomorrow I hope to make Pompano Beach, but it will take all day.  It is about 100 miles, but there are lots of no wake zones, bridges and slow areas.  I'll stay on the boat tomorrow night and fly home on Friday morning.

I'll try and take a few pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment