Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Lots of Water

I pulled out of Charleston this morning at 6:45am.  I was greeted by the woman's crew team from the College of Charleston as I headed toward the inlet.  It is odd to see a skull with a flashlight and 8 women that early in the morning.

The weatherman missed it again.  He was calling for winds 5 to 10 mph and seas 2 feet off-shore.  Seas were every bit of 4 feet and right on the nose.  It was a very bumpy and uncomfortable ride for the first 4 hours.  Finally around 11:00am the seas calmed down a bit and I was able to turn toward St Augustine and run the rest of the way without losing a filling.

No pictures today.  Just blue water and open ocean for 9 1/2 hours and 231 miles.

I'll try and make Stuart, FL tomorrow and Pompano Beach by mid-day on Thursday.  I'll have another update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment