Monday, May 5, 2014

St Johnsville, NY

Sorry I don't have a great update tonight. I have a bit of a cold and am feeling a bit under the weather. I did take a lot of pictures today, but I have a crappy internet connect and the upload is taking forever, so I gave up. We left Waterford this morning at 7:00am. We were the first boat in the lock. We had a bunch of guys in suits from the NY State Canal System there and taking pictures. We were surprised that we only had 5 boats in the first lock of the season.

Daryl and I made a great team in the locks today.  Everything went very smoothly and the boat continues to run great.  We ran 70 miles today to St Johnsville Municipal Marina and went through 14 locks. We fueled up tonight at $3.88/gal (which is great), pumped out and topped off the water tank as well. We had a good day overall on the Erie Canal. The water level was not very high and there was very little debris in the water. We will move across Lake Oneida tomorrow and finish in Brewerton.

If I have a better connection tomorrow I will upload a ton of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment