Saturday, May 31, 2014

Rough but Happy

Finished the trip up on Friday. As expected, seas were 3 to 5 feet. The boat was amazing. It was a very dry ride in some pretty rough conditions. For a 32 foot boat, she handled like she was 50 feet. I had no previous experience with a Carolina Classic, but I was very, very impressed with its performance. Don't get me wrong, this boat is made for just one thing; to go fishing. The interior accommodations were very minimal. However, she delivered us 502 miles in just two and a half days without a hiccup. The owner, Chris, was beaming as he took his new boat in the Ocean City Inlet. We had her tied up at Fisherman's Marina by 11:45am and after topping her off with fuel, we headed over to Crab Alley for a great lunch. By 1:30pm I was in a rental car heading for home. My next trip begins on Sunday morning. Time to get some laundry done and repack.

No comments:

Post a Comment