Sunday, June 1, 2014

Checked Out: Meridian 411 - CT to FL

Today I had the distinct honor and pleasure to finally meet my long-time friend and one of the original members of the MYO forum John Valletta and his lovely wife Michaela. John & Michaela have asked me to move their 2003 Meridian 411 Sedan Bridge from their home port of Groton, CT to Ft Myers, FL.

John and I have exactly the same boat: A 2003 411 sedan bridge powered with Cummins 370B’s. John has hull number 13 and I have hull number 15 of the original year Meridians were built and began production. We have shared a lot of stories and helped each other through the years with lots of projects. I have emailed and talked with John on the phone for the past 7 years, but today we got to meet face-to-face.

John & Michaela have maintained their boat to the highest standards. Looking at the boat you would never guess it is 11 years old. She looks like she just came out of the showroom both inside and out. Needless to say I am very familiar with the boat, its layout and all the nuisances of the vessel.

John & Michaela spent some time going over the boat with me and showing me all the improvements they have made through the years. Believe it or not, John still has the original canvas on the boat and it still looks good. I am very much looking forward to the trip to Florida.

We had a nice dinner together before they had to head for home. I will depart early in the morning and get down to NJ tomorrow. Not exactly sure where we will end up since the seas off the NJ coast don’t look great, but we will go just as far as we can.

Here is a picture of John & Michaela before we headed out to dinner. The SPOT locator will be active tomorrow for anyone who wants to follow along. SPOT Shared Page



No comments:

Post a Comment