Monday, April 20, 2015

It's a Dog's Life

Well, the boat was not as fast as advertised. Boat cruised between 21 and 22 kts; 23 to 25 mph (still not too bad and plenty fast). I covered 215 miles today over 10 hours. I stopped in Beaufort, NC for fuel at Jarrett Bay Marina where fuel was just $2.39/gallon. That is the best I've seen on the ICW in years. Tonight in Coinjock the fuel was $2.70/gallon. Still not too bad. I got a good break today coming out of the Neuse River. The winds were south at 12kts and the river was calm. I figured the Pamlico Sound would be calm too, so decided to run up the sound instead of battling the sailboats and trawlers moving north on the ICW. It was a good call as the sound was pretty good with seas about 2-3 feet and on the stern. The Sea Ray handled very well in the following sea and I made good time without having to slow down at all. I got into Coinjock at 5:30 tonight. After fuel, pump out and wash down it was to dinner for some prime rib... as good as always. I should make Hampton, VA tomorrow around 1:00pm if all goes as planned. Just a few pictures from the day.


A nice start to the day running down the ICW.


I passed this sailboat about 8:30am. This dog had it made. He was sitting on the side-deck in the sun and just loving life. He was living the dream!


The "Office" today.


All settled in Coinjock.

No comments:

Post a Comment