Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Blue October - 33 foot Back Cove

The start of another trip...

Today I jumped aboard "Blue October", a 2007 33-foot Back Cove powered by a single 425hp Cummins diesel.  She is a beautiful boat that needs just a bit of TLC.  I flew in today from NC to the Castaway Yacht Club in New Rochelle, NY on Long Island Sound.  I will get an early start tomorrow morning as the boat will go all the way down to Wilmington, NC; a trip of approximately 750 miles.  Tomorrow I expect to run the boat to Cape May, NJ.  The seas off-shore have been a bit rough over the last 3 days and we actually delayed the trip due to poor sea conditions.  However, I think tomorrow is going to be a good day to run down the Jersey Shore with seas expected to be 2 to 3 feet with winds out of the west.

I spent a good bit of my time today going over the boat.  I had a bit of an issue with the chartplotter.  I couldn't get a GPS fix.  After an hour of messing with every setting and trying to get it obtain a fix with no luck, it was time to dive behind the console.  I checked connections, traced wires, etc.  Finally found a 10amp fuse that was blown.  I was able to replace the fuse and now she is working like a champ.  Sometimes it is the little victories that can mean the most.  I will sleep much better tonight with the chartplotter working like it is supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment