Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Back in the Helm Chair Again

I got back in the saddle or helm chair so to speak...

We finally got our oil line fixed.  WW Williams, our mechanic, took the old line back to their shop and "braised" as well as welded the crack.  They were down at the boat around 8:30 this morning and by 9:00 they had the oil line back on and we tested it in the slip. 

Once things seemed to be okay, I made a B-line to the dock office to pay my dockage and get underway.  By 9:45 I was making way again.  The first hour I was on pins and needles checking the oil pressure every 15 seconds or so.  It held perfectly.  After the first hour of running up on plane, I went down into the engine room to check for leaks.  None found.  Big sigh of relief.

Ran for the next 8 hours without issue.  I did go down and check the engine room every hour or so.  Not an easy task when you are by yourself, but fortunately, I did have some wide open spaces on the ICW today.  Not to mention I don't think I saw 5 boats all day so running the boat solo today was not too bad.

I pulled into Beaufort, SC tonight a little after 6:00pm.  I covered 130 miles in just over 8 hours.  I'm glad to have this day behind me.  I hope to run up the Waccama River tomorrow and get to Bucksport just south of Myrtle Beach.  Then I hope to pick up a mate in Wrightsville Beach on Thursday night.

Just a couple of pictures from the last few days.  To my nieces: I got a another great shot of Elvis.  Thanks for the call this morning Abby and Courtenay.  Much appreciated!

                                             Elvis is in the foreground, Banjo is the big guy.

                                                          Elvis doing some tricks last night

                                                 A really beautiful day this morning


Running past Hilton Head


No comments:

Post a Comment