Thursday, June 6, 2013

Rain Rain Go Away

Left Bucksport this morning at O'Dark thirty.  I had the waterway pretty much to myself again today.  Not much to look at today as I traveled through Myrtle Beach and up the coast of North Carolina.  I did manage to take a few pictures today between the rain drops.

I had a short run today up to Wrightsville Beach where I will be picking up a good friend, Larry Strothers, to act as my first mate the rest of the trip.  Larry doesn't get in until tonight, so I have some time to catch up on a few things.

Covered just 95 miles today in a little under 7 hours.  The Cape Fear River was pretty nasty today as the current and the wind opposed each other creating a steady 1-2 foot chop.  The single engine Mainship tends to "wallow" a bit in a following sea so steering today in the river was at a premium.  Fortunately the autopilot did pretty well and kept me from having to work my tail off.

Since I got in early today, I was able to topped off with fuel and water and did a pump out so we are all ready for the next couple of days.  I'm looking forward to getting Larry on board so I have someone to talk to.  :)

                                          Bucksport Marina

                                              Bucksport Marina

                                            I have the ICW all to myself this morning.

                                           Myrtlewood Golf Course

                                           A nice little shack on the waterway.

                                              Lighthouse at Coquina Harbor, SC

                                           Lots of rain and ugly skies

                                             At least I had a better day than this captain.

                                              Cape Fear River - hard to see, but kind or rough.

                                           My office today.

No comments:

Post a Comment