Friday, May 8, 2015

45 Formula: Chill-Laxin from Buffalo to NYC

Before I start talking about the boat, I would be remiss if I didn't talk for a few minutes about Smith Boys. Smith Boys is the local Sea Ray and Meridian dealer up here in Buffalo, NY where I have picked up the Formula. They have been more than accommodating and have really gone out of their way to get the boat ready for the trip and do all the little things that make for a great boating experience. All the employees here at Smith Boys know what customer service is all about. The owner of the boat has commented on several occasions how well he has been treated and the very positive buying experience he has had here.

Please don't think this is a paid promotion for Smith Boys. I visit many boatyards and pick up all kinds of boats around the east coast. As a general rule, the independent dealers are head and shoulders above the big corporate dealers. I have had a few positive experiences at the larger dealerships. Unfortunately, I have had many more negative ones. Places like Smith Boys and Colony Marine do a really great job for all of their customers.

As promised, a few words about my next trip and the boat. Tomorrow at 7:00 am the Erie Canal will open for the season. So I will be at the first lock bright and early with a 2009 Formula 45 Express on its way East to Annapolis, MD. I will be taking the boat as far as Croton-on-Hudson on the Hudson River, just outside of New York City where the owner will jump on board and complete the trip.

This Formula is really nice. It has a bunch of upgrades including the Volvo IPS drives. I am anxious to see how they perform compared to the Zeus Pods.  The weather forecast looks great and I'm anxious to get underway.





No comments:

Post a Comment