Sunday, May 10, 2015

IPS Down

I've had quite the run of bad luck lately on my trips. The gremlins from yesterday decided to come back and stick around this time. I was all set to shove off the dock this morning at 6:30, but when I went to start the starboard engine it threw the same fault code as yesterday. I tried to do my magic to get the fault code to clear, but no luck this time.

So I got to spend the day in Brewerton doing odds and ends around the boat. The down time allowed me to put the radar, satellite dome and mast light back up on the hardtop. So the day was not a complete loss. I also learned a lot about IPS today as I spent the morning trying to troubleshoot the problem and codes. Once you get a glitch in the computer code the day is over. There is no way to fix or override the system once it throws a code. I'm pretty confident this is just a computer glitch since the system performed perfectly the past two days.

I have a Volvo technician coming around 10 tomorrow morning, so I am hoping he can get it fixed and I can get on my way. The satellite dome is a KVH M3. I am having some issues with that as well. It seems like it is having trouble picking up the satellites. If anyone has a similar system and has any advice I would appreciate it. I have gone through the operating manual and tried everything they have suggested, but no luck. I hope my bad luck ends tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment