Monday, May 11, 2015

An Early End to our Trip

The mechanic came on board this morning and hooked up all the computers.  Unfortunately, he gave us the bad news that the Servo Motor took a dump.  Game over.  They will need to order a new part.  So after consultation with the owner, we decided it was probably best to leave the boat and he will finish up the trip.  The rest of the trip across the canal will only take 2 days and the owner is actually looking forward to seeing the canal and experiencing the trip.


So, I will be flying home in a few hours, but I thought I would post a few pictures. As tough a day as I had and the owner of this Formula, it is nothing compared to this 44 Sea Ray pictured below. He hit a rock and bent the props, shafts and strut. His bill will be over $20k and they have no idea when he will be ready to go. Then to add insult to injury, he wrapped some shrink wrap around his good prop as he was entering one of the locks.  He was happy to get the boat tied up at the dock.

I hate that I was not able to finish the trip for the owner.  He is a great guy from speaking with him on the phone and I was looking forward to meeting him in person this week.  Fortunately he is on the Chesapeake Bay and I go by often, so I am sure our paths will cross in the near future.


A little big for the fork lift, but it did the job. They got it high enough to assess the damage and figure out next steps.




Master cabin forward with shower to port and sink and toilet to starboard.


Galley


Dinette in salon


Entrance to the aft cabin and separate head.


Aft cabin


Cockpit


Helm station


Those are the bow cushions on the port side. Those will go down in the cabin.



No comments:

Post a Comment